Solution Architect (Pre-Sales)
Location: Europe or APACMEA
Reports To: Senior VP, International Sales
About Clevest, an IFS Company
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with commitment to our customers, has made us a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 3,300 employees supports more than one million users worldwide from a network of local offices and through our growing ecosystem of partners.
The Solution Architect will support the Clevest line of business within IFS. Clevest’s mobile applications and platforms enable gas, water, and electric utilities to scale their workforce in the field and leverage the latest technologies in their day-to-day work. We enable utilities to transform their field operations by rapidly automating and optimizing any field work activity or process to improve response time and effectiveness. Our platforms offer utility operations personnel in both the office and field improved location and situational awareness for faster, more intelligent decision-making, greater safety and easier regulatory compliance.
As a Solution Architect, you will work as part of the Clevest International Sales Team and play a vital role in generating significant sales revenue and gross margin for IFS. During the sales process with prospects and customers, your role will involve responding to Request for Proposals (RFPs), assessing the degree of application fit, setting good customer expectations, presenting application software in the context of needs of the prospect, and conveying how the application will benefit the customer. Working cross functionally as a team with other departments, this person plays a key role in winning good, profitable business for IFS.
Clevest’s head office is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada; however, this position is expected to include regular/frequent travel within Europe and/or the APACMEA region. As a result, we are open to considering candidates located in any of these regions, as well as candidates located within North America and are willing to do frequent business travel.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting prospect surveys to identify key business issues
- Understanding prospect business pains and how IFS capabilities address those pains
- Mapping key business issues to Clevest/IFS functionality
- Preparing and presenting compelling “Proof of Value” product demonstrations
- Conducting prospect seminars
- Innovating and applying new demonstration approaches and techniques
- A strong desire to work collaboratively with other departments within Clevest
- Continually embracing new functional and technological products
- Preparing industry specific tool kits including PowerPoint, Business Models, Demonstration scripts, demo data, and white papers
- Preparing written updates as required, including but not limited to status reports, sales win strategies, and demonstration assessmentsActively participating in trade shows and other marketing activities
- Have a valid passport and the ability to travel 50-70% of the time
- Experience selling to the Enterprise Software marketplace with a complex solution, preferably in Field Service Management or Enterprise Asset Management
- Experience working in the utilities sector (gas/water/electric) with software solutions is a definite asset
- BA/BS in a Business or Information related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience selling cloud-based architectures
- Strong business and application software knowledge required
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, ability to communicate complex ideas
- A successful track record in pre-sales consulting utilizing sales methodology, such as Solution Selling, Value Engineering, or Target Account Selling is preferred
- Some Windows based scripting language and query language (SQL) preferred
- Good analytic capabilities, organized and able to work many tasks at the same time
- A strong self-starter with personal initiative and drive
- Strong attention to detail, creative, and thorough
- Ability to work as part of a team to get resolution to client issues
- Contribute to a positive work environment
Clevest fosters a collaborative work environment and a positive, supportive culture. We have been recognized by BC Business Magazine as one of the top companies in BC to work for in the digital technology and technological services category and the fastest growing company in BC, among our other awards.
We offer a flexible work environment and support work-life balance, offering a generous bank of paid time off a year. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a health spending plan.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF formats only) outlining your experience as it relates to the above responsibilities and qualifications to email@example.com, and quoting “Solution Architect (Pre-Sales)” in subject line.
Thank you for considering Clevest, an IFS Company!