Location: Vancouver, BC
About Clevest, an IFS Company
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with commitment to our customers, has made us a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 3,300 employees supports more than one million users worldwide from a network of local offices and through our growing ecosystem of partners.
The Application Consultant will support the Clevest line of business within IFS. Clevest’s mobile applications and platforms enable gas, water, and electric utilities to scale their workforce in the field and leverage the latest technologies in their day-to-day work. We enable utilities to transform their field operations by rapidly automating and optimizing any field work activity or process to improve response time and effectiveness. Our platforms offer utility operations personnel in both the office and field improved location and situational awareness for faster, more intelligent decision-making, greater safety and easier regulatory compliance.
Dedicated to customer satisfaction, the Application Consultant will successfully configure, test, and deploy mobile workforce solutions. The Application Consultant is expected to succeed in complex technical environments while simultaneously displaying exceptional communication skills to effectively work with enterprise customers of varying technical aptitudes. This position is based at the Clevest head office in Richmond, BC, and requires some travel to customer sites, primarily within North America (expected travel up to 40%).
Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our team is currently working from home. The onboarding and training for this role will be done remotely and business travel has been restricted until further notice.
- Quickly develop a deep understanding of Clevest’s products and solutions and applying these to address business challenges, setting an example of how to create satisfied clients.
- Direct, define, and implement enterprise software solutions that balance client needs with the product’s capabilities and roadmap.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to develop and validate client business requirements and provide custom configurations to meet those requirements.
- Cultivate internal relationships across departments (Engineering, Product, Sales) in order to resolve client issues efficiently.
- Direct user acceptance testing onsite or remotely.
- Manage onsite and remote customer deployments including go-live support and initial post-implementation support.
- Advocate on behalf of customers to contribute to product improvement and requirement definitions.
- Own and perform concise triage of customer-reported issues.
- Deliver solution-specific training.
- Assist our customer support team with escalated issues and serving as a valuable resource for our training and development teams.
- Drive compliance and standards by adhering and contributing to processes, policies, and tools within the company.
- Software implementation (COTS, ideally) experience in a similar technology industry environment is preferred.
- Post-secondary education; a technical degree or diploma is preferred but not required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate to audiences of varying technical aptitude and organizational seniority.
- Familiarity with Microsoft IIS, SOAP/REST interfacing, XML, relational databases, and client-server architecture is an asset.
- The ability to self-serve, research available sources of information for solutions, and seek assistance after performing due-diligence.
- High geek-factor; must be comfortable operating with, in, and around technology.
- Willingness to experiment, break, and fix software configurations
- Experience in the utility (electric, gas, water) or general field service industries is an asset.
- Ability to successfully pass applicable security checks, including a criminal record check
Clevest fosters a collaborative work environment and a positive, supportive culture. We have been recognized by BC Business Magazine as one of the top companies in BC to work for in the digital technology and technological services category and the fastest growing company in BC, among our other awards.
We offer a flexible work environment and support work-life balance, offering a generous bank of paid time off a year. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a health spending plan.
This position is located in our head office in Richmond, BC. There is plenty of parking around our office and we are accessible by public transit, including a complimentary shuttle bus to/from the Canada Line Skytrain.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF formats only) outlining your experience as it relates to the above responsibilities and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org, and quoting “Application Consultant” in subject line. We are looking for local candidates who are located or willing to self-relocate to the Metro Vancouver Area.
Thank you for considering Clevest!