Clevest Receives 2017 Smart Grid Product of the Year Award for Automated Worker Location App
Last update: October 2, 2017
Gives utilities a cost-effective solution to locate contractors, borrowed crews, and their own crews through the workers’ smartphones and tablet devices
Clevest's Automated Worker Location application has received a 2017 Smart Grid Product of the Year Award from IoT Evolution World. The annual award recognizes outstanding innovation across all facets of smart grid technologies.
Automated Worker Location gives utilities a cost-effective solution to locate contractors, borrowed crews, and their own crews through the workers’ smartphones and tablet devices – all without the expense of installing in-vehicle hardware.
It provides the real-time GPS location of utility workers – dramatically increasing the efficiency and productivity of smart grid field operations while instantly improving worker safety. It is especially useful during emergencies and mutual aid situations when utilities extend their contractor network and borrow crews to expedite restorations.
“We are very proud to receive this award for our smart utility solution,” stated Carol Johnston, VP Product Marketing, Clevest. “Automated Worker Location is an extension of our utility-specific product suite – which includes Mobile Workforce Management and Smart Grid solutions – and provides worker locations in relation to the utilities assets with optional GIS overlays.”
This is the second Smart Grid Product of the Year award Clevest has been awarded. Clevest Smart Grid Visualization won the award in 2015 for a solution that helps utilities optimize field response to improve service reliability and realize the expected benefits of their smart grid investments.
“The solutions that have been selected for the 2017 Smart Grid Product of the Year Award reflect the diverse range of innovation driving this market. Congratulations to Clevest for exemplifying the best of smart grid technologies in the past year," said Carl Ford, CEO & Community Developer, Crossfire Media.
“It is my pleasure to recognize Clevest Automated Worker Location with a Smart Grid Product of the Year Award for its contribution to the advancement of smart grid technologies,” said Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC. “I look forward to seeing more innovation from Clevest in the coming year.”
Automated Worker Location – how it works:
- Worker locations are viewable in the Clevest system and optionally on an outage map for faster outage restoration
- Real-time location awareness of contractors, borrowed crews, or owned crews to instantly and efficiently address field issues
- Faster restoration of outages and contractor compliance for increased customer satisfaction
- Quickly resolve investigations and customer complaints with worker route history and post-incident breadcrumbs
- View worker locations in relation to the utilities assets with optional GIS overlays
- Improve worker safety and worker compliance to assigned areas through powerful geofence and landmark capabilities
- Ensure the appropriate operations personnel are notified of events that require immediate attention through exception reports, alerts, and email notifications
- Warn crews in the field of approaching weather conditions
- Quickly and effectively validate contractor invoices
About IOT Innovation World
IoT Evolution World is the premier resource for current information about the exploding Internet of Things market. IoT Evolution World is sponsored by TMC, a global, integrated media company helping clients build communities in print, in person, and online, and Crossfire Media, an integrated marketing company. www.iotevolutionworld.com
TMC is a global, integrated media company that supports clients' goals by building communities in print, online, and face to face. TMCnet is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries, and is read by as many as one million unique visitors monthly. www.tmcnet.com
About Crossfire Media
Crossfire Media is an integrated marketing company with a core focus on future trends in technology. We service communities of interest with conferences, tradeshows, webinars and newsletters. Crossfire Media services also include providing insight to technology companies and associations to assist in the development of business and technical strategy as well as the development and implementation of effective communications and marketing strategy. www.crossfiremedia.com